WINNEBAGO COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION – TERMS & CONDITIONS OF WEBSITE USE
The Winnebago County Bar Association (the “Bar”) will promote and support the practice of law and the administration of justice according to the highest standards while also serving its members through education, collegiality and opportunities for public service.
While the Bar provides information to the public about the practice areas of Bar members, the Bar does not endorse or recommend attorneys. It is the sole choice of every person and client as to which attorney to choose for their matter.
The following sections more fully describe how we use information submitted through our website:
Our website uses what are known as cookies. Cookies consist of small files that are stored on a user’s desktop computer, tablet, or mobile phone. The purpose of these cookies is to enhance a user’s website experience (such as by remembering the pages that have been visited, the links that have been clicked, or other preferences a user may have indicated).
- the platform device that they may be using to visit our website (such as desktop, tablet, or mobile),
- the browser being used (such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Explorer, or Safari), and
- information about their browsing experience (such as information about the time at which a website visit occurred, what pages were visited, the time spent on various web pages, whether they have visited the website before on the device they currently may be using, and the path of web pages visited during a particular session).
- None of this information is personally identifiable.
As part of the collection of non-identifiable information, the cookies that we use include those developed by Google Analytics. More information about the information collected by Google Analytics for a website can be seen here – https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies (including the links on such page).
We use information collected by our website internally for analysis and related purposes, including:
- To better understand user behavior on our website
- To determine how users are accessing our website, which could include typing the URL of our website directly into the address bar of a browser, clicking on a link displayed in the search results of a search engine such as Google, clicking on a link from another website (such as a social media website), clicking on a link in a directory listing, or clicking on a link in an online ad (such as Google ads).
- To better help us in considering improvements to our website to improve user experience
- To determine what content and pages are being viewed by users.
Website users may choose to contact us through the submission of a contact form, which (at the option of the user) may contain personally identifiable information. If a contact form is submitted through the website, the information provided by the user is collected and stored. This information may be used to contact the person submitting such information, and for follow-up contact by the Bar. We do not sell or otherwise disclose this information.
Blocking or Disabling Cookies
Cookies can be blocked or disabled in a user’s browser; however, doing so may adversely affect a user’s website experience.
Acceptance of Cookies
Terms and Conditions Applicable to Bar Members
If you are a Bar member, all of the information that you include as part of your profile (including, but not limited to, section and committee memberships) is stored on the website, and in Bar records. The section of your profile that includes biographical information and any picture that you send to the Bar for your profile is publicly displayed on the website (the exact information displayed will depend upon whether you have an enhanced profile or not).
The Bar reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove or request the correction of any publicly-displayed information that may be objectionable, misleading, inaccurate, or in any other way does not comply with the uniformity of the Member profiles that are being established, and all Bar members agree to comply with these terms and conditions as part of having a public profile made through this website.
The Bar makes use of Member information as part of the overall operations of the Bar, including using this information to send Bar members information about their membership, upcoming events, CLE matters, changes and notices regarding court rules and regulations, and a variety of other matters, and to otherwise communicate with members. By using this website, and by becoming a Bar member, you agree to such communications.
Any questions about these terms and conditions or other matters regarding our website may be sent to:
Winnebago County Bar Association of Rockford
One Court Place, Suite 401
Rockford, IL 61101