Our Policy Regarding Cookies and Information Collected Through Our Website
Our website uses what are known as cookies. Cookies consist of small files that are stored on a user’s desktop computer, tablet, or mobile phone. The purpose of these cookies is to enhance a user’s website experience (such as by remembering the pages that have been visited, the links that have been clicked, or other preferences a user may have indicated).
- Collect non-identifiable information about users who visit our website, such as:
- the platform device that they may be using to visit our website (such as desktop, tablet, or mobile),
- the browser being used (such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Explorer, or Safari), and
- information about their browsing experience (such as information about the time at which a website visit occurred, what pages were visited, the time spent on various web pages, whether they have visited the website before on the device they currently may be using, and the path of web pages visited during a particular session).
None of this information is personally identifiable.
As part of the collection of such information, the cookies that we use include those developed by Google Analytics. More information about the information collected by Google Analytics for a website can be seen here – https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies (including the links on such page).
How We Use Information Collected by the Website
We use information collected by our website internally for analysis and related purposes, including:
- To better understand user behavior on our website
- To determine how users are accessing our website, which could include typing the URL of our website directly into the address bar of a browser, clicking on a link displayed in the search results of a search engine such as Google, clicking on a link from another website (such as a social media website), clicking on a link in a directory listing, or clicking on a link in an online ad (such as Google ads).
- To better help us in considering improvements to our website to improve user experience
- To determine what content and pages are being viewed by users.
Personally-Identifiable Information Collected through the Submission of a Contact Form
Website users may choose to contact us through the submission of a contact form, which (at the option of the user) may contain personally identifiable information. If a contact form is submitted through the website, the information provided by the user is collected and stored. This information may be used to contact the person submitting such information, and for follow-up contact by our firm. We do not sell or otherwise disclose this information.
Blocking or Disabling Cookies
Cookies can be blocked or disabled in a user’s browser; however, doing so may adversely affect a user’s website experience.
For more information about what cookies are and how they are commonly used, please see www.allaboutcookies.org.
Acceptance of Cookies
Any questions about this Policy or other matters regarding our website may be sent to:
Winnebago County Bar Association of Rockford
One Court Place, Suite 401
Rockford, IL 61101